Wednesday, January 20, 2010

The View Out Our Window

We are on our 4th straight day of a predicted week of heavy rain. It's been fantastic! So much of our year is hot and dry, dusty and dirty; the rain comes and refreshingly cleanses. It also fills our reservoirs, saturates our ground and answers our farmers' prayers. The blog's been quiet because we've just been cuddled up inside watching movies, making cookies, doing crafts and watching the wind and downpour. A few days ago we saw an amazing full bow rainbow. Today we had some rare thunder. There may be nothing I like better than a good thunderstorm, but Ella is terrified. (And actually her intense cuddling during a thunderstorm makes me like them even more!) She was cracking me up today as she created her own Top Ten List of things she DOES NOT LIKE!! while she clung to me and hid from the house-rattling thunder. Guess what? Thunderstorms are the new number one. For the sake of memory preservation, thought I'd write down some of her other submissions. These are, emphatically, straight out of her mouth:

1. Thunderstorms
2. Broccoli
3. Fizzy drinks
4. Spiders
5. Spooky Caves
6. When there's a fire in our house that is not in the fireplace (No, we've never actually ever had this happen.)
7. Puking
8. Getting ouchies
9. Watching other people get ouchies
10. Having hiccups

I feel like I'm constantly describing what my girls like, well, now you know what Ella doesn't like!

No comments: