Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Adios, Hot Tub

How many men do you think it takes to move an old hot tub that weighs about a ton? Well, IF the man is my super-strong and inventive husband, just one! When we bought our home almost 7 years ago, I think the thing I was most excited about was the hot tub. And for a while it certainly got use. I have great memories in the hot tub: long talks with Dave where we planned the future, soaks with friends after ski trips and before-bed dips with my sister after the nightly round of Trains. But, the hot tub was old and started to get neglected when we had the girls. When it began leaking a year ago and we were told its age and brand made it not worth fixing, we just drained it and started planning its removal. This weekend, with a genius plan using PVC pipes as a conveyor belt, Dave and I rolled it out to the curb to be picked up by the special garbage truck. I'm sad to lose the hot tub, but can be very practical about its disposal too. The space it left has been turned into a great play area, which just makes a lot more sense for where we are in life right now. Sorry, Heather! :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fun! That all fits so perfectly there - and gives you the patio back again. What an inventive guy!

MOM

tlg said...

Looks great, guys! =)

Teri

Jonathan's Mom said...

Aww, the end of an era. I guess there will be plenty of time for hot tubbing when the girls are grown, but the only time for them to play like they do is now. A short, sweet time. :)

Anonymous said...

i'm not going to lie, a tear came to my eyes when reading this post. i will definetely miss our chats out there.

Heather