Each March I force you to appreciate the beauty of our Almond Blossom. I take pictures of the girls strolling through the orchard, I brag about our warm sunshine. But what happens after the bloom? I thought this year I'd finally record the weeks following the gorgeous Almond Blossom. As the white almond flowers age, they start to fall. Strangely, this feels a little like winter. Light breezes fill the air with floating petals and the ground is colored white where they collect. The trees turn from white to green and my girls are bummed. However, it's right about this time that we start noticing PINK! The Peach Blossom starts right as the Almond Blossom fades. While the almond orchards outnumber the peach orchards around here, we still have plenty of peaches to admire. Long rows of pink trees (all different shades, depending on the variety of peach), stretch our spring out even longer and seem to take the edge off our Bye-Bye Almond Blossom Blues

No comments:
Post a Comment