To Sinterklaas and Zwarte Piet from Ella and Delia:
(On the back of her picture it specifies that these klompen belong to girls.)
To Ella and Delia from Sinterklaas and Zwarte Piet:
(Guess what? As Ella observed, Sinterklass has the same wrapping paper as we do! Oops! :)
Two happy Dutch girls!
Though you wouldn't have known that the celebration of this tradition would have such a happy ending last night. Delia was being her feisty self at dinner and Ella was hysterical that Black Pete would stuff her naughty little sister in his sack and take her to Spain. And Delia, who is not so down with people in costume, wouldn't go to sleep, afraid of Sinterklaas and Black Pete roaming around her house at night. When we reminded her how fun it would be to find little presents in her wooden shoes she said, "NO! I DON'T WANT THEIR PRESENTS. I DON'T WANT THEM IN HERE!"



2 comments:
I am going to have to get the low-down on this Dutch tradition! :)
Wow! What a coincidence that you and Sinterklass use the same wrapping paper. ;-)
Post a Comment