Thursday, January 5, 2012

Loved On

The moment we arrived home from our Monterey Getaway, the presents were unloaded from the suitcases-- pink moustaches, pillows to color and bedazzle and Calvin College wear (plus the co-pilot tandem bike Auntie Heather sent on ahead of her).  And from that moment the spoiling did not stop!  I know Dave and I love having visitors, but I do believe our children, and even our dog, may love the guests best!

Another gift Ella had received this Christmas was a knitting kit.  Since I know not-a-thing about knitting we were waiting for a friend to give us some lessons.  One night a crowd formed around You Tube where knitting demonstrations were watched.  Mostly, we were confused...

But Heather persevered and actually taught herself how to knit just so she could show her niece!  It's pretty tricky, so I hope Ella remembers what she learned and I hope she remembers that it was her Auntie who taught her!

Besides nightly cuddling with Heather by the fire, Lily was treated to her other favorite thing in the world this week-- a nice long walk.


We spent one afternoon hiking and geocaching around our favorite local hiking spot.  When Heather wasn't being dragged along by an exuberant Lily, she was carrying a pooped-out Delia on her shoulders!


A special thank you to Anna and Heather for all the love and attention you showered on the five of us!  We're going through some withdrawal now...:)

2 comments:

Anna Keizer said...

Thank YOU for once again blessing me with so much love and many treasured memories!

Anonymous said...

So happy that Heather was there to teach Ella to knit! :-) knowing Ella, she will be busting out sweaters in no time! (love Auntie Karen)