Here's a post featuring the 3 most recent pictures of Delia that I just pulled off my camera. They capture what my afternoons with her are like.
One of Delia's favorite things to play with is the mermaid and animal bath toys. Our busy school schedule doesn't leave as much time for long baths as Delia would like, though, so she has to just hop in the empty tub with her clothes on to play. And when I try to take a picture of this silliness, she pulls out the "Chillin' out, maxin', relaxin' all cool" pose. For real. That's what she calls it. This may or may not have been influenced by a mom who grew up watching The Fresh Prince of Belair. My Child Growth and Development class would call this "Passive Correlation." Just FYI. :)
For Delia, no day is complete without a good, long swing. And apparently the time she gets to spend doing this at recess is not enough. At home, she finishes her lunch and immediately heads outside. I'm thankful for the new swing set every single day as I see it get use every single day.
Yesterday we had some bizarre weather! We've gotten the first rain of the season around this time before, but yesterday THUNDER accompanied it! A rare CA thunderstorm is always a huge thrill for me since thunderstorms are one of the main things I miss about the Midwest (okay, also family and good pizza and people who pronounce the word "almond" correctly!). Delia was scared about the first few claps, but then the desire to dance in the rain with her umbrella won.



3 comments:
We love this little girl too! She is just so full of joy - it oozes out of her!
Love, Grandma & Grandpa
Correctly?!
Just kidding. :)
Love these pics of Delia!
I love the umbrella pic! You should show her the Gene Kelly number from Singin' in the Rain! :-)
Post a Comment