After watching others stand up paddle-boarding at Sand Harbor, we thought it looked like a fun thing for our family to try. So the next day, at the beach much closer to our hotel and with a discount from our hotel's concierge, we rented a SUP for an hour. Dave and I started by taking turns giving the girls rides, but by the end of the hour, everyone had given it their own try. I'm not generally great at water sports, but I found the stand up paddle-board to be easy, relaxing, easy to control and tons of fun!
(A quick note about Lake Tahoe's water temp, since you've seen us wearing our bathing suits in most of these pics... Lake Tahoe is said to "never freeze, but never warm up." While it was cold and not a place I'd like to spend long periods of time deeply submerged in, we found the water to be bearable, especially where it was shallow and when we were hot. It was really no worse than Lake Michigan. We were not really expecting to swim so much, so we don't know if we timed our trip just right, or what.)
(Yep, that's Ella paddling me around a lake again. I can get used to this.)
Stand up paddle-boarding: yet another first this summer!







No comments:
Post a Comment