Monday, September 23, 2013

Bring It On, 36!


So, though I am now officially closer to 40 than I am to 30, I am not feeling down about this birthday.  This year has been so full of great blessings.  I'm in awe of my gifted husband more than ever.  My kids some how get more fun to hang out with each day.  I love everything about the career path I started up again this year.  Our ministry is thriving.  Our cups continue to overflow.  On top of just celebrating a good year, for the actual day of my birthday, all you dear loved ones totally spoiled me!  Your phone calls, messages, gifts and well wishes made me feel extra blessed and brought me smiles all day.  A day (and year!) full of good gifts reminds me once again of something Beth Moore taught us while studying James 1:17 ("Every generous act and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights...") last year: "Indeed, every good and perfect thing that has ever come into our lives has come as a gift to us from God himself...And it was not random.  It was intentional.  It was personal."         

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, you certainly look fabulous! What a great pic of you, Jen! You are glowing! :)

Love you and so grateful for the many blessings!!! xoxo Karen

Dorina Gilmore said...

You look gorgeous, friend! Glad to hear your 36 was special. We need to celebrate soon. How did we get from 26 to 36 so quickly. Agh!