Thought I'd take a second to throw a few funny lines on the blog.
The first is something I already posted on Facebook, but wanted to record here as well since the blog has become a place to preserve thoughts, images and memories for when I lose my mind! :)
Delia: Mom, it's Friday. Today I had show-and-tell.
Me: Oh no! We forgot to put something in your bag didn't we? I'm sorry.
Delia: Don't worry, it's okay. I just stood up front and told jokes instead.
The second may require a bit of explanation. In preschool we always try to focus on the positive over the negative. For example, if my students are running around the classroom, I will say, "Please use your walking feet!" instead of, "Stop it! Don't run!" Since kids are so quick to catch on and label a classmate as "the naughty one", we also try to avoid calling out bad behavior with a student's name in public. Instead I'll point out all the students who are doing the right thing. So that explains why a Carpet Time music instrument lesson had me uttering possibly the strangest line I've ever spoken:
"Thank you and good job to all the boys and girls who are NOT putting the castanets down their pants."
1 comment:
Bwahahaha!
Post a Comment