This year the girls' big Christmas gift from Dave and I was an update to their bedroom. Lately it seems a lot of our time is spent at the dining room table, doing school work. And Ella has definitely moved out the dress-up stage and into more of a writing and illustrating stage. We went through the dress-up and kept just the favorites for Delia in a smaller tub that now lives in the closet. We also removed the old glider, that rocked a million miles when the girls were babies, but doesn't do much besides hold stuffed animals anymore. We rearranged some stuff on the wall. And after these purges and changes, we moved in some new furniture: white desks and blue chairs.
I love the way the room makeover came out. In the past week, Ella and Delia have practically been living at their new workstation-- enthusiastically tackling homework and cranking out even more artwork than normal!
Before:
After:


1 comment:
Oooh, what a great gift! I can see why they love it!
Post a Comment