Sunday, December 1, 2013

Thanksgiving Break Top 10 List

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving Break!  Plenty of relaxation was perfectly mixed with a number of fun outings and get-togethers.  Since I don't really have any pictures of it, though, here is a top 10 list of things we enjoyed these past 5 days:

1.  Sleeping in and staying in jammies through the late morning.
2.  Getting things crossed off the "To Do at Home" list (like designing family Christmas cards, or starting the (online) Christmas shopping).
3.  A blessed Thanksgiving Day with dear friends Lloyd and Heidi and their kids.  A great feast of fantastic food and the kids riding bikes outside and playing hide-and-go-seek while we adults had some good conversation and played cards were highlights.
4.  Getting the Christmas tree and giving our home a festive make-over.
5.  A super fun birthday party for some school friends that both girls got to attend.
6.  A date night for Dave and I where we tried a new restaurant we're sure to revisit.
7.  Watching the movie Frozen in the theater.  It was good!  The girls have a new favorite princess movie and have been playing "Anna and Elsa" all weekend!
8.  A special party to celebrate God's faithfulness with some other dear friends, Ed and Anna Jean, who are celebrating a 50th wedding anniversary.  (Yep, that said 50!)
9.   First fireplace fire, thanks to some church friends who farm almonds and generously restocked our wood pile for us.
10.  Amazingly, staying healthy!  Delia's and my classes have had a good number knocked out with strep throat recently.  The girls' friends and my students have had everything from head lice, to pinkeye, to stomach flu (Ugh, I know.  I can't even pick which thing off this list I would least like to deal with!).  With illness attacking all of us from all directions, I was certain that we'd be taking our turn with something this break.   But, lots and lots of kiwis, oranges, pomegranates, sleep and prayers every day seem to have kept us healthy!

We have only 3 weeks left until Christmas Break-- that's just 14.5 days of school!  This means I'll see my T/Th students just 6 times and my M/W/F students just 8 times!  It is going to fly.  We've been loving school and wouldn't have said that any of us were desperate for a break, but after the taste of such a lovely time together at home this Thanksgiving, we are really excited for these 3 weeks to pass and Christmas to be here!

1 comment:

Jonathan said...

Yay, I'm glad for all the great things on your list! We sure missed you guys this year. Hope to see you soon!