This is one of those posts that is probably not the most interesting to read if you are not a member of our immediate family. I write it for my own memory preservation. We had such a lovely time visiting the girls' classrooms, hearing them perform in the annual K-3 program and chatting with their teachers and friends. What's worth noting about this year's program is that it was Delia's first. since she was so sick last year, and Ella's last, since it ends after 3rd grade.
Though I am at school every day, I don't really ever get to help in the girls' classes anymore. It was very nice to get tours from Ella and Delia and see them proudly show off all their creative work. Above, Delia reads Dave one of the class books her first grade put together. Below, Ella poses with her 3-D self portrait.
The program was fun to watch too! This year the theme was "Songs from Around the World", so we got to hear our kids sing in French, Italian, Japanese and various African languages. They were so excited to perform and everyone did a great job. (See if you can pick out Ella and Delia in these group shots.)
And here are some pictures the girls requested that I take of them with their best friends. I have always prayed that my girls would be surrounded by encouraging piers who would be a good example to them. I am blessed to see that their closest friends are all sweet gals, whose parents I have enjoyed getting to know also! :)
Delia and Anika
Ella and Avery (a new good friend this year!)
Ella and Emilia
Ella and Chloe
Ella and Olivia (a little buddy from preschool, who just this year started attending our school. Ella was thrilled to reunite with this "old" friend!)
No comments:
Post a Comment