Dave set an 11:00 pm curfew for each night, but it was not really even needed. We were so tired from our days of work and exploring that we all fell into bed pretty early and easily. There was not a ton of down time, but each day a few extra fun things did happen in and around the dorm we stayed in.
We all had envelopes to use for writing encouraging notes to one another. Delia was the queen of this! She wrote several notes to everyone. Dave told us to find little things that we appreciated and not miss an opportunity to let team members know. I got a glance at some of Delia's notes and they were pretty hilarious. "Dear Jesse, I like the way you pick up the things I drop. Thank you. God bless you." or "Dear Mister Fill, you are funny."
As I was uploading and editing pictures here at home, Ella came alongside me and said, "Wow Mom, you have a butt load of pictures." The evidence and influence of hanging out with teenagers for a week has began! I realized this was going to be the case when Delia jumped into the daily card game and started yelling, "BS!" like it was nothing! (BS stands for "Baloney Sandwiches" in case you were wondering or worried! :)
And each mealtime was, of course, an opportunity to visit with one another and hear the stories of the day. Our dorm had a kitchen on the bottom floor, so our group just did our own grocery shopping, then divided up the kitchen responsibilities. Pastor Bruce was excited to do most of our cooking. After taking her cooking class, Ella was excited to help him!
My girls were in heaven hanging out with their teacher Mrs. P. and these cool highschoolers all week. They spent more time in other girls' rooms than our own. God bless those wonderful high school students for working a full day with campers and then having enough energy and patience to do things like help my girls hike or make up silly games to play with them. I think we have about 11 new babysitting recruits on our list now!
No comments:
Post a Comment