Every year we make our annual trip to the pumpkin farm. And even though our weather won't feel like it until November, I don't think it's really Fall until this outing takes place. This year we decided to do something different. No football games or other plans were on this Friday night calendar square, so we visited the pumpkin patch at night!
Though the kids are older and have outgrown some of the attractions, the animals never stop being fun. We thought these noisy turkeys were especially entertaining tonight.
Another new experience for us was trying out Farmer John's cool corn maze. We went in just as the sun was turning the sky pretty colors...
And soon enough had to pull out our flashlights to find our way through the twisty corn paths! Ella was an excellent navigator and impressed us with how well she kept her bearings-- better than me! I am directionally challenged and was lost the second I stepped into the maze. Taking his youth group to a corn maze in the dark is something Dave does every year. This night was his idea and I know he really loved sharing this experience with us too.
The maze took a good chunk of our night, so there was only enough time left for a quick hay ride under the stars and some pumpkin shopping.
It's tradition, so a visit to the pumpkin patch is always fun, but this year we loved switching it up with a nighttime trip! Bypassing the hay trampoline and corn kernel play box (things I'll spend time doing with my preschoolers when we are back here for a field trip next week) and tackling the corn maze in the dark instead makes me realize once again that our kids are growing up!


1 comment:
The girls are growing up so fast! It is great to see Delia without her cast. Beautiful picture of the two girls with the pumpkins. I think we have a new screen saver.
Love, Mom/Grandma
Post a Comment