Alternative Title: The Night 3/4s of the Family Was in Heaven!
Ask Dave what one of his favorite things in the world is and he might tell you, "Hockey!" Ask the girls and they'd currently tell you, "Star Wars!" So, imagine our delight when we discovered our local minor-league hockey team hosts a Star Wars Night!!!
I posted something on Facebook about attending this game as something I did because I love my family, but it was actually tons of fun!
Ask Dave what one of his favorite things in the world is and he might tell you, "Hockey!" Ask the girls and they'd currently tell you, "Star Wars!" So, imagine our delight when we discovered our local minor-league hockey team hosts a Star Wars Night!!!
I posted something on Facebook about attending this game as something I did because I love my family, but it was actually tons of fun!
Delia, like the little Star Wars enthusiast she is (read: nerd), insisted on wearing her Princess Leia Halloween costume. Ella and Dave found some funny Star Wars shirts on the clearance rack to wear. I did not dress up. :)
FIGHT!!!
The girls watch hockey with Dave so they like and understand it. I got such a kick out of how into the game they got. Our team scored 7 goals and won big. It was especially funny watching Delia in her costume, with her little wig askew, gawking at fights and cheering for goals.
The Star Wars theme was really fun. After big events in the game, they'd play appropriate movie clips (like Darth Vader inviting us to "join the Dark Side" after a fight). In between periods they had costume and best Wookie call contests. Darth Vader dropped the first puck for the night and Storm Troopers danced on the big screen.The girls watch hockey with Dave so they like and understand it. I got such a kick out of how into the game they got. Our team scored 7 goals and won big. It was especially funny watching Delia in her costume, with her little wig askew, gawking at fights and cheering for goals.
In the stadium's lobby were lots of photo oppotunities too. I post these pictures in this order to show you Delia's reaction. First she was terrified (even though she loves Star Wars and was dressed up herself) and wouldn't go near them.
Then she was willing to stand near a character, but only if Daddy held her.
Then she ran up to each one on her own to take a pic and give them high fives! She even begged us to return to the character area for more pictures later!
It was a late night, but this picture may show how much energy was exerted and how much fun was had by the end of the game!
I still need to have penalties explained to me and get scolded when I call Bobba Fett a Storm Trooper, but I'm learning to love hockey and Star Wars for the sake of my husband and daughters!









1 comment:
What a fun night! Glad to hear that everyone enjoyed it. I love seeing Delia's blonde hair peaking out of the dark wig!
MOM
Post a Comment