Even though my job has become a major part of my life, I don't post about school very often. I take pictures in my class constantly, but don't feel right putting them on my personal blog site. Lately, though, we've just been having too much fun to not share! This week we're learning about Signs of Spring and our Character Trait for March is "Patience". I tie these things together by doing a big day of snail science lessons, stories, and songs. (Remember that old Music Machine song "Have Patience"? That's where this idea came from!) And this year we tried something new-- painting with real, live snails! Ella and Delia rounded up 2 mason jars full of snails from the garden. Then at school I had them crawl through some watercolor paint pots and plopped them on the students' art papers. What delight we shared while watching them make colored slime trails! It was such a cool art project! I must admit that not all the snails survived this experience, but since they are intent on munching up my flowers and vegetable garden, I don't feel too bad. :)
Today's fun comes right on heels of 2 weeks we've spent learning about Community Helpers. Almost every day we've had a special visitor, firemen, sheriffs, paramedics, librarians, etc., teaching the kids about how they do their job and how to stay safe. With these types of real-life experience comes THE BEST imaginative play! I get such a kick out of watching my kids become 911 rescue teams and transform our classroom (with the props I provide) into a post office and a doctor/veterinarian office during play time.
Speaking of Community Helpers, I just want to record this too since it captures the fun we have in Preschool. The Garbage Man comes to dramatically empty the dumpster outside our playground every Wednesday. And each week, you better believe we are running to line up at the fence for front-row seats to this exciting show. He always rewards our enthusiasm with lots of honks and waves!
What a blessing to have a job that brings such joy! I continue to thank God for it each day!


No comments:
Post a Comment