Sunday, September 6, 2015

Back to School

For just under a month now, we've been back in our school routine.  We are discovering that many things about this year are already awesome: The girls, once again and as an answer to prayer, getting teachers that seem perfect for them; the opportunity to make new friends and to also reconnect with old and dear ones; a fresh crop of adorable and enthusiastic new students for me; a schedule already full of fun new school stuff-- like band for Ella and Friday night football games in our brand new, state-of-the-art football stadium.  

But, the year has had its challenges too.  Dave and I are both adjusting to changes in our jobs and new demands.  Both girls were immediately thrust into the world of nightly homework, preparing projects, and studying for tests.  I won't deny that a feeling of being overwhelmed sneaks up on us and the fear that no matter how hard we all work, we'll still never have the job done perfectly.  My friend Dorina likes to give a theme to each of her years.  Maybe ours will be "GRACE".  And it will include the grace you extend to me for neglecting the blog while I attempt to stay on top of life! :)

Here are some very belated pictures from our First Day of School! 




1 comment:

Jonathan said...

I will gladly extend grace to you! Just remember you're extending grace to me, as I haven't yet blogged about family camp, Legoland, or the start of school!