Friday, March 17, 2017

A Different Look this Almond Blossom

It finally happened.  This year the girls, Ella specifically, tactfully informed me that they were feeling a little too old for our annual posing in the almond blossoms.  Wanting to respect their feelings, I decided that I have perfect peace in the years and years of beautiful pictures I have of my girls frolicking in the blooms.  So, you won't be seeing any of those this year.  At this year's parade, the girls were also quick to take off and sit with their friends, leaving Dave and I on an odd curb-side date. ;) 

Alas, here is what my photographic memories of Almond Blossom 2017 will be: the girls with their friends at the carnival on $1 ride night.  I want to let them enjoy some independence in their social lives, but (along with the other parents of my girls' friends), am not quite ready to set them completely free at a carnival, so a new tradition emerged.  Ella and Delia ran around with their groups of friends while I and the other parents followed a safe distance behind-- getting our own time to visit, but also able to keep an eye on them (and snap the occasional picture).







What a strange new world this is for us parents of middle/upper elementary kiddos! Sniff, sniff.  Weren't my babies JUST looking like this during Almond Blossom Season????

No comments: