Hello, Faithful Blog Readers (or just me in a year feeling nostalgic and scrolling through old posts)! Tonight Delia was in a very fun school performance, in which her extreme enthusiasm for being on stage had her glowing. I'm excited to post about that so far away family who could not be at the program can still get a glimpse...
BUT before I can do that, I need to go all the way back to January and write about the other things we've been up to. It has to be in order, sorry, blame my OCD. :)
One thing keeping us busy this winter has been our involvement with the girls' group at church. In January we hosted a CPR and Safe Sitter Certification Class for our girls. We hired a teacher to come to church and spend the day training our girls to be the best babysitters ever! Seriously, the class was so thorough, Ella now knows how to handle everything from a bee sting to cardiac arrest!
Practicing the Heimlich Maneuver on each other.
A whole crowd of certified Safe Sitters!
Then our group hosted the annual Soup Supper, Ella actually had some oral surgery related to her braces the weekend of the Soup Supper, so she was unable to attend and serve. She still helped out by making many many pounds of meatballs for the Dutch Soup in advance with me. This may have been torture for the pup.
And recently, Delia's class, the one I teach, finished the Prayer Badge. I always like to reward my girls with some fun project after they've read and discussed a bunch Bible passages and thought about and written answers for a bunch of pages of questions. We made these sweet little prayer boxes! The inside says "When your head starts to worry and your mind just can't rest, put your prayers down on paper and let God do the rest". My girls really enjoyed creatively crafting these at our last meeting. Special thanks to Grandma and Grandpa for collecting and mailing us all the Altoid boxes!







1 comment:
Jen, I'm so glad to see that you updated the blog. I've been checking every once in a while, but know that you are so busy. These prayer boxes turned out great. You have some very creative girls in your class. It is wonderful that you are teaching them to rely on God, and go to him in prayer with their concerns. So glad we could help out by sending the boxes.
Love, Grandma
Post a Comment