Friday, January 4, 2019

A Successful Attempt at Something New!

My one big outing idea for this otherwise very relaxing Christmas Break was a ski trip!  After consulting Delia, who can be a little nervous about new things, we decided to let the girls' first experience with skis be cross-country ones instead of downhill ones.  We drove up to about 7000 feet to a gorgeous adventure center in the mountains with several miles of various-level cross-country ski trails and had the BEST day watching the kids kill it on their first attempt at something so different and new!










The day could not have been prettier!  We quickly shed our coats and even hats and gloves.  Check out that blue sky!  Those white aspen trees!  The mountains! 



Delia spent much of the day waving her poles in the air and "Whoohoo"ing!  The helpful folks at the rental center asked what wildlife we saw and we had to say, "None!"  I think it was because of Delia's whooping on the trails!  I just love watching her find joy in things.  If she loves something, she REALLY loves it.  

As for Dave and I, we have not skied since college days.  It's not very hard and it does come right back, but I think these last few days of break may be spent in the company of the over-40's set best friends: heating pads and ibuprofen! :)

No comments: