When we are not able to give hugs, or share our lessons face-to-face in the classroom, what does love look like in these strange days? It looks like creatively crafted signs waved from a safe social distance, kisses blown, and "I miss you's" shouted through an open car window. It looks like tears as cars pull away, because the 4 year old passenger in the backseat just wants to stay at school with their teacher.
Since it seems pretty unlikely that we'll be returning to school, our preschool hosted a Wave Parade last week to give each of our students a little gift and some love. It was a great thing to be a part of. Though I'd trade it in a second to finish off the year as normal in my beloved Room 4, this is something I will never forget.
This school year began with our crazy 24 hour move in and ended with quarantine. In the middle was my lost and found diamond. Wackiest.year.ever.

No comments:
Post a Comment