Monday, December 19, 2022

The Covert Photoshoot

This year a teacher I taught with 3 years ago returned.  She left to have a baby and now her baby is preschool-aged, so she's back on staff as my partner again!  I love her and it's been one of the best years of teaching getting to work with her again.  Not only is Brittany a great partner, she's also a talented photographer, doing some professional picture taking on the side. (Yep, when she's not raising a 3 year old or teaching!  Seriously, she's awesome.)  Totally without my knowledge, she got my girls' numbers and pulled off this incredible photoshoot surprise as her Christmas gift to me!  I got the gift today and am cracking up at the sneaky pieces I'm just now putting together.  Like the "extra play practice" Ella said had been called after school.  The new black shirt she said she needed to buy "for the Messiah".  The makeup bags that oddly went to school one day so my girls could "give the middle school drama kids a makeup tutorial."  Or my favorite-- the phones that were intentionally left at school, so I couldn't track them!  :)

I will treasure these photos and how perfectly Brittany captured the beauty, joy, and friendship of the girls in this sweet stage of life.  Buuuuut, I will now have an eye on my sneaky daughters who proved to be way too good at disappearing for a few hours!  Haha!








1 comment:

Grandma said...

What a fantastic gift! How fun that the girls were able to plan such a covert operation. Your co-worker/friend did a great job! Each picture is better than the last. I love the very last photo. It reminds me of all those years that you would take pictures of the girls outdoors, walking hand in hand. Now they are both so grown up - beautiful young women. What a great surprise!
Love, MOM/Grandma