Praising and thanking God for the BEST summer for Ella! She LOVED her team, LOVED her daily responsibilities, LOVED living by the ocean. And LOVED that she got to spend every day zipping through the redwoods.
Gideon was even able to come visit her! Showing him around her Mount Hermon world, taking him on the Canopy Tour, and introducing him to all her Adventures Team "big brothers" was a summer highlight! (The guys all approved and begged Gideon to apply and come join the team next summer!)
Maya was the perfect roommate for Ella. They had a super fun summer living together!
Fun to get to know a whole new area of our state too! Ella and her friends enjoyed exploring secondhand stores, coffee and boba tea shops, bookshops, beaches, and the Boardwalk! Before I brought her home, she wanted to take me to her favorite local coffee shop, So cute!
At an end of summer banquet, a hilarious all-staff video was shown. This is the wacky Adventures Team's contribution to the video.
We got 3 weeks at home with Ella in which she recharged after an exhausting summer-- fueling her body with rest, good homecooked meals, and time with old and new friends (the Adventure Team continued to hang out a few more times in these 3 weeks!). We brought her back to her college community this weekend and of course every friend you hug and reconnect with asks "How was your summer?" How do you even describe such an experience?! Thank you, Lord, for this gift of a job!
The lyrics of our favorite folksinger Jack summarize it pretty well. We played this as we drove away a few weeks ago.
They say "home is where the heart" is, I guess they got it right.
I left mine in the hills near Santa Cruz.
And I dream about returning every day and every night, to get rid of these Mount Hermon Homesick Blues.
I'm goin' back to my Mount Hermon Home.
It's the sweetest fellowship I've ever known.
Though I roam far away, in my heart I'll always stay in the redwoods of my Mount Hermon Home.
Oh I love it up on the mountain.
But, the valley's where I live.
With a car, mortgage, kids and things to do.
When the cares of life grow heavy, there's a place I always go to ask the Lord to help me through.
I'm goin' back to my Mount Hermon Home.
It's the sweetest fellowship I've ever known.
Though I roam far away, in my heart I'll always stay in the redwoods of my Mount Hermon Home.
When you think of home, you think of family. And I've got a family there.
The ties that bind grow deeper every year.
It's a little taste of heaven till we meet Him in the air when the Lord himself shall wipe away every tear.
I'm goin' back to my Mount Hermon Home.
It's the sweetest fellowship I've ever known.
Though I roam far away, in my heart I'll always stay in the redwoods of my Mount Hermon Home.
And when Glory overtakes us
and we kneel at Jesus' feet in that house of many mansions in the sky.
Should the Savior pause to ask me which room would I prefer.
I'll just say, "Is there anything left in old Lakeside?"
I'm goin' back to my Mount Hermon Home...
(The video Ella put together of featuring the team that became fast and lifelong friends, on and off the ropes course.)



No comments:
Post a Comment