I've written before about the gift of hand-me-downs. Recently one of our generous suppliers and good friends, Julie, had another big bag of adorable girl clothes to pass on to us. What a delight to find this Shamu costume in the bag! We immediately put it on Delia, who promptly freaked out. Because you need to climb into the costume though the mouth and then see the world through the teeth, I think she thought Shamu was eating her. Her fear of wearing the costume, however, has not deterred her interest in it. Almost every day she asks Ella to put the costume on for her so she can ride Shamu like the trainer and feed her fish. And just tonight I found her in the closet petting it on the hanger and telling me, "I touch-a Sam-U, okay?" I'm not sure which girl will wear it for Halloween next year, but it's definitely going to be a hit at the Harvest Party!
.
2 comments:
Oh my goodness, Jen, this is so perfect. I had no idea there was such a costume. Yay for Delia!
That's awesome!!!!! However...I must admit, seeing it...I feel a little closterphobic! ;0) Ella is a great sport to put it on for Delia! Too cute!
Post a Comment