It was a rare Wednesday off for Dave. What better way to make the most of it than a little family outing? Today we tossed all the hats, gloves, snow pants and boots in a bag and drove to higher elevations for some fun in the snow.
.


Once again, I just have to brag about the awesome area we live in. We don't deal with daily snow or freezing temperatures, but with a less than 2 hour drive we can enjoy beautiful snow in a Redwood forest for
just the day. As we crept higher and higher and saw the snow banks getting bigger and bigger, Ella exclaimed, "It's becoming winter!" We pulled off the side of the road at one recreation area and played for a couple hours.

We threw snowballs.
.
We ran around yelling and sank in the sometimes knee-deep snow.
.

We added to this snowman we found.

And we went sledding down a perfect hill. Ella took a couple runs with each of us...

And then insisted she go on her own. Dave and I were so amused watching her little self happily fly down the hill, bumps and all.
3 comments:
How fun! So glad you made some great memories together!
Amy
Ah, Jen! I need some advice about the best place to go. (Of course, I also need time, energy, sled, and snow clothes, but first things first!) Looks like so much fun. Glad you were able to enjoy the snow. Today I was enjoying the gorgeous sun in the lower elevations.
How neat that you can have these spontaneous outings. There is always so much to explore around CA and I'm glad you're keeping the girls aquainted with snow. --Uncle Kyle
Post a Comment