What do you get for the friend who's had 7 babies? And when her 7th child is also her 6th girl, does she really need any more cute little girl clothes? I thought not. So when Jetta had Ellietta about a week ago, I decided my best gift would be the gift of time and service. Yesterday I got a little sample of what being a mother of 6 is like when I picked up her 4 youngest and brought them back to our house for several hours of play and lunch. It went great! These kids are all best buddies, so they took off playing right away. I had wanted to be intentional about spoiling the kids a bit and giving them extra attention, so we read stories and played games. I gave them each a little pizza dough to roll out for their own pizza and then they topped it themselves. We also decorated strawberry pink cupcakes for them to take home. The day was such a blast for all of us, I'm going to offer Jetta a morning off on a regular basis! She got a nap and a quiet lunch with her husband, but we were treated too!



2 comments:
How fun! I had been wondering how your morning went. I bet that was the best baby gift Jetta has ever received!
You're amazing, Jen! What a great gift.
Post a Comment