Saturday, July 17, 2010

The Boys

As I've mentioned, Dave was gone all last week on a service trip to Kentucky with a team of students from his youth group.  Once again, his team collaborated with a high school team from a Michigan church-- led by youth pastors and good friends, Nick and Amy.  To give the students some time to get to know each other, they met up in Chicago and drove down together.   The whole project and week saw an answer to many prayers, with health, safety, fun, effectiveness and great bonds between the two youth groups.   Among all these blessings, Dave got to spend a little time at home with his family since he took a later flight out of Chicago at the end of the week.  I know he really enjoyed seeing nephews Calvin, Aidan, Theoren and Cole and meeting new nephew Miles for the first time!




1 comment:

Linking Lines said...

Did you survive the week with no major problems??? I was happy to hear we weren't the only ones that struggle with daddy-withdrawal-calamity isssues! I'm sure you are happy to have Dave back and hopefully things have cooled significantly (probably not, but here's hoping!). Ryan is gone in MI again but for the final time this summer! Yeah!!! Thankfully my mom was able to come out. What a blessing she has been!