Thursday, October 28, 2010

Decade Day


This week is Red Ribbon Week at Ella's school.  To get the kids excited for a week of lessons about saying "NO" to drugs, each day has been designated as a special theme day.  Monday was Heritage Day.  Since everyone that goes to our school pretty much shares the same background, we were laughing about diversity coming from which part of the Netherlands kids would dress up from!  Tuesday was Nerd Day. After we explained to Ella what a nerd was, she said "That sounds kind of mean.  Do I really have to dress up like that?"  Today is Decade Day, as you can see from Ella's Flower Child attire.  Though she lives to dress up, Ella did feel a little self-conscious in this outfit...until she got to the bus stop and saw all her friends completely decked out in their 50's, 60's, 70's and 80's best.  What do you think, Grandpa and Grandma?  Does it take you back? :)

1 comment:

Wicker Family said...

We didn't get into the dressing up at the beginnng of the week. Anika was sick on Mon. and I was feeling the same way about "nerd" day. (Although I admit that I felt better after reading the description --"too smart to do drugs"). We really enjoyed decades day. Anika choose the 80's -- yep, a decade that I actually remember. When did we get old enough to be spoofed????