-will you have to end a phone conversation because your daughter is distraught that Jasmine's bra is missing.
-are you constantly pulling Perler Beads off the bottoms of your feet.
-will you find one entire closet dedicated to craft supplies. (The sporting goods were moved into storage to make space!)
-are Ariel, Aurora, Rapunzel, Tiana and Belle household names.
-is a toothbrush that is not pink or purple shunned.
-are the train tracks and cars that were bought for "equal exposure" only pulled out when boy buddies come over to play.
-are those same boy buddies attacked with dress-up and forced to play the part of the prince.
-are new songs on the radio instantly liked for no other reason than: "This sounds like a pretty girl voice."
-does a toddler have words like "accessory", "pedicure", "tiara" and "pirouette" in her limited vocabulary.
-do you get a report on what shoes the teacher wore in the "How was school today?" answer.
-would you have to buy the BOY beta fish (because he's fancier) and give him a girl name.
-do you not think twice about your child pretending to be pregnant with a doll stuffed in her dress.
-is the nightly fight over who gets the pink plate/cup/fork.
-do Great Grandma's china teacups not collect dust because they are regularly filled with pink lemonade for tea parties.
-do you collect tights and leggings in bulk because, when given the choice, they will always pick a dress (even on the coldest days).
-can you make your daughter's whole weekend by simply introducing her to a gal named Barbie.
I recently chatted with Kris about what different worlds we live in-- me with two daughters and her with two sons. There are things that are normal and commonplace in each of our homes that the other will simply never experience. We were laughing so hard, I thought I'd jot down a few favorites for which this is true!
2 comments:
I'm not even sure that the boys would UNDERSTAND what half of these meant!!! :-) Can't wait to get in some "girl time" soon!!!
love, Auntie Karen
It's so true Jen! Today Cole put a Thomas the tank engine down the front of his diaper and when I asked him what he was doing, he mooed. I just don't know.....
Post a Comment