Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Delia's Love Language

I can't brag about just one daughter!  The previous post described in great detail how Ella shows love through her generous actions.  Delia is totally different.  She is unquestionably a Physical Touch gal!  (In case you don't know what I'm talking about, the 5 Love Languages are Physical Touch, Words of Affirmation, Quality Time, Acts of Service and Gift Giving.)  Delia is the world's biggest snuggler.  She gives 35 hugs a day and has all different kinds: BIG hugs, family hugs, loud hugs, long hugs, running hugs, backward hugs, sorry hugs, sandwich hugs, tackle-you-to-the-ground hugs, etc.  Delia never leaves preschool or church without embracing each of her teachers and friends.  She even hugs Ella's teacher when we pick up Ella from kindergarten!  She's also the one to initiate an "I love you." multiple times daily.  No matter what battle I just fought with Delia or how many things I'm trying to accomplish at one time, when she says "I love you Mommy" and strangles me with one of her hugs or when she spends a whole hour just curled up on my lap, I am the happiest mom in the world.

No comments: