Better sit down, folks. I have shocking news: tonight my picky eaters not only willingly ate a whole plate of veggies for dinner, they also said they liked it and asked for the leftovers for lunch tomorrow! How did I achieve this miracle, you wonder? I'll tell you!
We were recently served this delicious vegetable bake for dinner at some friends' house during game night. Since then, Dave has been asking me regularly to get the recipe from Darla and put the ingredients on my grocery list. It can actually be made with whatever veggies you like or have on hand, but I decided to make an intentional rainbow, thus making it fun for the kids. The recipe is as follows, if you'd like to entice your own picky eaters or just enjoy a yummy and super healthy meal for yourself!
1 package apple-flavored chicken sausage (4 links), sliced
1 red pepper, cut into chunks
1 sweet potato, peeled and cubed
1 summer squash, sliced
1 zucchini, sliced
1 dozen fresh brussel sprouts, halved
1/8 cup olive oil
salt and pepper
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Put chicken sausage and veggies into a large bowl and season liberally with salt and pepper. Toss with olive oil. Spread into a 9x13 pan and bake covered for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake additional 25 minutes, or until potatoes are fork-tender.


1 comment:
Awesome recipe, Jen! Definitely going to try it out with some veggie sausage! :-)
Post a Comment