We are just coming off the exhausting, but rewarding, week that is VBS. The girls both attend the program while Dave and I lead the rotations of kids through Wild Bible Adventures. When Sara and Arend invited us to enjoy a day at the lake, we knew it would be the perfect way to relax after a week of hard work.
Right away the girls jumped in the water, testing out their new tubes. Collecting rocks, digging holes in the sand and having a picnic lunch were also fun...
But, really, the best part of the day was all the time we got to spend on the boat! For the girls, the faster and bumpier the ride, the better!
Those who have waterskiing skills (meaning pretty much everyone, except me) showed off their stuff. Dave tried wake boarding for the first time and easily got up on the first try.
Arend even dazzled us with a few tricks!
With some coaxing from my husband, and because he did make it look so easy, I gave wake boarding a try too. After several attempts which resulted in several face plants and several gallons of water swallowed, it became clear that the wake board and I are not meant to be friends. The knee board, however, didn't seem to have any problems with me! I was happy to pull myself up on the first try and keep my balance long enough to enjoy a nice ride. Please be impressed, this is totally not my thing and I've never tried anything like it before! :)
Ella was just dying to get in on the action, so she even tried the knee board! Her 40 pounds were just not enough to keep the thing down, though, so Dave had to hop on the back and help a lightweight out. I'm so proud of Ella. She was insistent she try, totally didn't freak out when she was thrown from it and ended up loving her ride!








1 comment:
Fun! And Jen, I am totally impressed with you! Way to go!!! :-)
Post a Comment