Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Being a PK is Awesome!

As we do every year, yesterday we enjoyed our Pastor Appreciation Day spoils at Funworks.  The whole place gets opened up to just pastors and their families and we get to play everything for free.  This year we were intentional about sharing the experience with our good buddies the Wickers.  Our 5 kids had a ball playing together while Lloyd, Heidi, Dave and I got in as much conversation as was possible over the drone of go-kart engines or the pounding beat of loud music!


The go-karts are always our first stop.  I just love riding with a squealing little girl as my passenger.  It is not possible to drive too fast or too crazy for these kiddos.  Can you tell that they're pretty excited as they wait in line?


 (The picture below was taken as we drove past Dave and Delia.  Its blurriness makes me think I was driving pretty fast. :)



This year, Anika met the bumper car driver height requirement, so she loved driving both Ella and then Delia during Bump 'n Tag time.  There are a lot of ways to gauge time flying and bumper cars seem a strange way to do it, but I remember our first Pastor Appreciation Day at Funworks with kids.  Ella was a tiny tot and we spent just an hour there, all of it in the ball pit.  Now our kids are running around riding things by themselves!


The indoor play structure seems to be timeless and remains a favorite. Though, riding the zip line thingy upside-down was a new experience this year.


After a fun afternoon at Funworks, we had to end the night with some pizza for dinner.  I know there are times when being the pastor's kids will be challenging, but at least once a year being a PK = go-karts + pizza with friends.  And that's a pretty awesome equation.

1 comment:

Wicker Family said...

I shouldn't have read your post before writing mine -- you'll think I plagarized it:-)