Monday, January 2, 2012

Minute to Win It New Year's

Our final hours of 2011 may have been some of the best hours of the whole year!  We happily took Jetta's invitation to merge her family and mine for a night of NYE fun.  Dave and I put together a whole Minute to Win It Tournament that we knew both kids and adults would get really into.  And besides the humiliating video footage that now exists of me whacking a huge softball across the room with a grapefruit stuffed into a pair of pantyhose tied around my waist, I'd say the night was a huge success! 

Heather pulled "Chocolate Unicorn" and had to stack 7 Ding-Dongs on her head.

Kirsi got "Dizzy Mummy" and had to unroll a whole roll of toilet paper using her 360-degree-turning body.

Dave selected "Noodling Around" and had to stack 7 penne noodles on a single strand of uncooked spaghetti using just his mouth.

My favorite task-- Annelies pulled "Tortilla Head" and had to flip a tortilla onto a plate on her head using a scuba flipper.

Jetta got "Just Hang On!" and had to make this hanger tower, balancing each in the middle, not the corners.

Ella easily completed "Junk in the Trunk" by wiggling and jumping a bunch of balls out of an empty tissue box belted to her waist.

Anna impressed us all with her dice stacking skills when she aced "Getting Dicey".

Phil proved to be the Minute to Win It Master, easily completing each of his tasks, as well as others that people just couldn't do.  Here he does "Face the Cookie" by moving a cookie from his forehead to his mouth with no hands.

What's better than ringing in a new year in the company of friends and family?  And some roaring laughter too!  We were just dying watching the 25 tasks Dave and I set up being attempted.  If you need a fun party idea, I totally recommend this!  You can easily find lists and descriptions of events by Googling "Minute to Win It" or I can email you the list we put together.

Happy New Year! :)

2 comments:

Wicker Family said...

Ah, Jen! Looks like it was a successful evening. Looks like fun was had by all. I think the names of the games are almost as entertaining as the games themselves. "Junk in the Trunk" got a giggle out of me!!

Anna Keizer said...

Hands down, one of the best New Year's Eves I have ever experienced. SO MUCH FUN!!!