When you think about Valentine's Day, a lot of typical images of what you should do, give and get come to mind. In thinking about our Valentine's Day yesterday, I realized we checked nearly every one of those "standards" off the list!
Stuffed animals and chocolate, check. Thanks to Grandpa's annual box of Valentine goodies, we girls were spoiled once again with these traditional treats.
Love letters, check. Dave took the time to select special cards for each of his girls and write a long message inside describing all the things he loves about us.

Flowers, check. Dave also spoiled us with the first tulips of the season! And he had my favorite lunch waiting for me when I returned home from Bible Study and preschool pick-up!
Heart-shaped, Mylar balloon, check. Both the girls had Valentine's Day parties at school. Delia came home with some LOOT yesterday! One classmate, in particular, went overboard creating fancy, stuffed gift bags for each kid. The balloon was tied to the bag and it has provided endless fun!
Heart-shaped lunch, check. Pinterest gave me a lot of Valentine's Day inspiration this year. Making my peanut butter, Hershey Kiss cookies with chocolate heart candies and cutting the strawberries into heart shapes were just a few of the ideas I snagged from my new favorite site.
Homemade Valentines, check. I made Dave this "Checking You Out" card from an old-school library card. Loved the idea when I saw it on, you guessed it, Pinterest and was excited to make it my own. Fitting the "You're lookin' good!" theme, I got him a set of kettlebell weights too. That's romance for ya! :)
Valentine's Day Scavenger Hunt, check! This one has become a beloved tradition in our house. Here the girls figure out the clue Happy Valentine's Day! So special you are, find the place that is cold...it's not very far.
You like to watch your favorite movies on this, before you go find it, give Mommy a kiss!
Ring, ring, ring, friends call to say, "Hi." A message of love for a sweet Valentine!
Little gifts, check! This is what the Scavenger Hunt allows us to do so well-- give the girls fun little gifts that they need to decode clues around the house to find.
Though my checklist is full of things, we recognize that the purpose for each thing we gave and received was an "I love you!" This is why we revel in Valentine's Day: it's a day to spoil our dear ones and be extravagant in our displays of love. Hope your Valentine's Day lists are full of checks, but, more importantly, your hearts are full of love after celebrating yesterday! <3









1 comment:
What a fun day! But one question... What's your favorite lunch?? Now I NEED to know. ;-)
Post a Comment