Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Long Weekend

Like you probably did, we all had/took a day off yesterday for President's Day.  But, a school in service also gave us Friday off, so I'm going to take a few posts to write about our great long weekend.  To make Friday's day off a fun day off, we took the kids to Bouncy House Heaven (aka Go Bananas) where they spent all morning expending unbelievable amounts of energy climbing, sliding, obstacle-coursing and, of course, bouncing. A special lunch out followed.



And at night, I allowed Ella and Delia to have the top bunk sleepover they've been begging for.  This little thing was such a HUGE TREAT!  They got to stay up an hour late with their special star and moon lights on.  With a smile, I eavesdropped on them reading and giggling together.  When the lights had to go out, Delia stayed in Ella's bed, cuddling for the night.  I think some sweet, sweet sister memories were made.


Meanwhile, Dave didn't sleep at all as he hosted the annual lock-in at church for his Middle School Youth Group.  Here's what you need to know about that: not a single one of the almost 30 energetic pre-teens in this youth group slept or even settled down...all night.  Good thing Friday was such a fun day, because Saturday was spent tiptoeing around the house whispering, "Don't wake up Daddy!" :) 

1 comment:

Jonathan said...

You got some amazing bouncy pics! I didn't realize Dave was recovering from his lock-in!