I can honestly say that being a mom is probably my greatest blessing in life. My girls are pretty easy to raise right now and I can't say that I find motherhood overly stressful or even much of a burden. So, I get to do a job that brings me joy every single day and then I get a whole day to be thanked and celebrated for doing it? What a sweet deal Mother's Day is! :) My Mother's Day was especially sweet, thanks to one super thoughtful husband and two very affectionate and enthusiastic children.
I was roused from bed by a family carrying armloads of cards and gifts. Each was carefully picked out or made and each brought me a huge smile. Delia warned me that her Mother's Day surprise would be tons of snuggles and she delivered! Dave got all his Sunday service preparations done early, so he was home the entire morning to help get the girls ready. This break allowed me just enough extra time to actually bust out the curling iron! A gift of indulgence, indeed!
After church, my big Mother's Day surprise was a picnic lunch in one of my favorite spots-- Knight's Ferry. Dave packed a cooler with a bunch of my favorite foods that he secretly picked up this week. We took a short walk and found a lovely, shady spot in the grass right by the river's rapids to eat sandwiches from my favorite deli, my favorite chips and cookies and fresh pineapple and strawberries.
Ella and Delia wrote and performed a special Mother's Day song for me. The most memorable lyric was something about how "Mom was great, even better than chocolate cake."
My outing ended with homemade ice cream from the old fashioned Knight's Ferry Sweet Shop. It was a beautiful breezy day and the shop's front porch was the perfect place to park it for a while and lick our cones.
I have a LOT of amazing examples of what it means to be a Godly mother and it is truly my prayer that each of you, mother figure or friend, feels gratified, blessed and given opportunity to glorify God in your daily journey. And I wish each of you a day as wonderful as the one I had!








No comments:
Post a Comment