So, since it's been almost 2 weeks since I've posted, I thought I'd give you the past few week's VM Life highlight reel. Here is what's been keeping us occupied and happy these days:
1. Downton Abbey. It was about time I got addicted to this show.
2. A new Bible Study on James. It's so fantastic, I can't wait to do the lessons each day. On Tuesday mornings, my beloved Women's Bible Study co-coordinator and I jump up and down celebrating God's amazing Living Word.
3. Marshmallow shooters. Dave had a junior high lock-in this weekend and we spent Friday afternoon cutting and sanding enough PVP pipe pieces for each of the 25 students to make, decorate and use a marshmallow shooter while they stayed up all night at church. The girls each got to make one too and thus Lily has been eating way too many marshmallows. They're okay for dogs, right?
4. A new ECE class on Preschool Curriculum. I'm one week in and I love it! I can use every single thing I've read and written about so far.
5. Collecting freshly-laid and still-warm eggs and staying up late to play American Girl Dolls. Though the girls had a day off yesterday, I did not. Jetta was so wonderful in insisting the girls go home with her family after church on Sunday night and stay at their house until yesterday afternoon. It's been a whole year since Dave and I had this kind of break and it was awesome! I got nearly the whole week's work done with all the hours of peace and when I picked up the girls they were running around outside in just their undies (in January!), with all their friends, covered in head-to-foot mud. Who enjoyed Jetta's sleepover offer more, I wonder.
6. "Malaria pills" and "typhoid immunization"--words that were actually a part of the conversation Dave had with his doctor today about his upcoming trip to Guatemala.
7. Short haircuts for us 3 girls. I tolerated long hair for about 6 months, but just had to go back to what feels most natural and comfortable-- the wash-and-go, chin-length bob. From the back, or when snuggling under a blanket together, Ella and Delia are indistinguishable with their matching hairdos.
And here's a random picture to match the random vibe of this post. While Dave caught up on the sleep he lost staying up all night, I took the girls to Color Me Mine to get them out of the house. We had vouchers for free studio fees and a free mug, so it worked out perfectly!

2 comments:
When I saw the girls at chapel this morning, I noticed the hair. They definitely look more alike:-) Sounds like a great 2 weeks for the VMs. Doesn't life just fly by???
I love everyone's short haircuts! And we just started our addiction to Downton as well. Season one is on Netflix, so we're way behind.
Post a Comment