All day we've been humming the Tooth Fairy song that our Mount Hermon friend Jack sings:
"The tooth in the middle,
it had a little wiggle...
Oh Tooth Fairy can you hear me?
We've got a date tonight.
I'm tellin' you the truth
I got a loose tooth
The first one on the right."
Unfortunately, for Delia's first loose tooth, it was not all smiles and cute Jack jingles. We've had serious tooth drama in our house for the past week. Terrified of the pain and blood that she perceived would accompany the tooth's exit from her mouth, Delia wouldn't wiggle it, brush it, eat certain foods, let us touch it...or look at it or even talk about it. When I noticed it hanging by a thread this morning, I knew it would probably fall out at school and that would probably be best because then she'd be more likely to keep calm.
And that is exactly what happened. It came out before school even started and with her whole class watching and her sweet teacher cheering, Delia proclaimed, "I didn't need to freak out at all!" We'll see if this lesson sticks with her when the next tooth gets wiggly.
The laughter above is a little bit of relief, a little bit of excitement for the Tooth Fairy's visit tonight and a lot of giggles about how hard it is to smile in a way that shows off the new gap, but doesn't look like you're angry or about to take a bite of the photographer! I'm just gonna admire those sweet little, perfectly lined-up baby teeth in this picture as long as I can. If Delia's teeth come in like Ella's, I think we have a date with the orthodontist after the one with the Tooth Fairy!



1 comment:
YAY DELIA!!!
And, I am 99% sure that all my children have a date with the orthodontist. There are some things that just can't be avoided when they have us for parents. ;)
Post a Comment