Thursday, June 13, 2013

Fun at the Moose Park

Our time in the Midwest ended with a 3 day mini-vacation that Mom and Dad put together for all the kids and grand kids.  We stayed at this awesome indoor water slide park and hotel in Lake Geneva, WI.  (This little trip allowed the girls to color another state on their USA maps too!)  The hotel was super nice and had a cool mountain-y, rustic theme.  The kids dubbed it "The Moose Park" for all the moose, bear and eagle decorations.


The water park was perfect for the ages of our kids.  It had a splash pool with fountains and slides and swings, a lazy river, 2 big waters slides, an indoor/outdoor hot tub, an obstacle course pool and a basketball hoop pool.  While the littles played in spouts of the shallow pool, the older kids would traverse across the ropes and floating logs or ride double tubes down the bigger slides together.



Delia took huge joy in riding the "big green slide".  She had a goal to go down it 99 times.  A hike up several flights of steps was required to get to the top.  I don't know if she met her goal, but I certainly feel like I climbed those steps about 99 times!







I know that one of the best parts of the trip for Dave was convincing Cole to finally go down the big green slide with him.  One trip down and this kid was hooked.  Uncle Dave suddenly had a new BFF.  He loved spending a large chunk of this water park time bonding with Cole. 


This may be one of my favorite pictures of the trip!  I hope when Dave and I have a bunch of grandchildren we are still riding the double tube around the lazy river holding hands! :)


On our last day of vacation we finally got some sun!  It warmed up just enough for the hotel to open the outside water features.  While we had our fingers crossed that it would hit 70 in WI so we could swim outside, back in CA it was 108 or something!




You might think that 3 straight days of water slides would get old, but this trip was a total blast and everyone had a really marvelous time!    Thanks again, Grandma and Grandpa!

No comments: