Sunday, December 31, 2017

Christmas Adventures in the Tomb

If Heather will tell you that kayaking with otters and jellyfish was the coolest thing she's done in a while, Dave will tell you that the Escape Room we did on Christmas Day is the coolest thing he's done!  For Christmas last year, Kyle gave our family tickets to an Escape Room.  We put them to good use during Heather and Andrew's visit.  I can't give too many details because upon exit, we promised not to reveal things to people who may want to give it a try.  But I can tell you these 3 generalities about our time in King Tut's Tomb:
1.  This was Dave's JAM!  My husband is a puzzle-lover and he's incredibly smart.  He was flying around solving clues like a master escapee.
2.  Even though I do believe Dave could have probably single-handedly escaped, we did all contribute something.  I especially enjoyed seeing even our youngest team member pitch in in her own special way.  Delia somehow quickly memorized a hieroglyphic/alphabet stone that had her breaking codes at record speed.  Or Andrew, who works with his hands operating on people, whipped all the wooden puzzles together.
3.  We did in fact escape!  Given 1 hour to solve a long series of clues that unlocked various things, we succeeded in finding the treasure and unlocking our room's (tomb's) door!  WITH 6 minutes to spare!  And in so doing, we joined the elite 23% of people who are actually able to escape the room!


We are a surgeon, a nurse, a teacher, a pastor, and 2 straight A students, representing quite a few college and advanced degrees.  I'm proud of us for escaping, but not too surprised. :)

No comments: