Well, Blog Readers, you can once again thank my sister for the gentle reminder that the old family blog hasn't been updated since October. I have a whole week's worth of Christmas Vacation Adventures to share with you, but my OCD won't let me post those without first backing up to Thanksgiving just to keep things in order. ;)
We had a very nice Thanksgiving at home this year. Dave had a busy season of funerals and a lot going on at church, so a day with just our family and nothing but good food and rest on the agenda was something we embraced.
Ella helped make the pumpkin cheesecake.
Dave once again smoked our turkey on the Traeger and it was fantastic!
I love this little family of mine. Though we sit down to eat around this table every single night, Thanksgiving is a special time to celebrate God's goodness together. This is what I said I was thankful for this year: "A while ago I heard a musician on KLOVE say, 'God does not intend for us to sacrifice our family on the altar of ministry.' I'm so thankful that no matter how insane his schedule gets, or how heavy his stress load is, Dave continually prioritizes me and the girls. He reads aloud, he grades homework, he helps me wash dishes every night, he stays home and takes care of us when we are sick, he gets our turkey beautifully smoked while also preparing to lead a church service. This Thanksgiving, I thank my God that we have such an awesome pastor...AND husband/dad."
Ivy discovered the joy of turkey!
And, while I have read this favorite book multiple times, as has Ella, Dave and Delia have never read Wonder by RJ Palacio, so they spent the season reading it together. When they finished over the long weekend, we all went to see the movie together, which was great...but not as good as the book. ;)
Okay...one Pre-Heather-Visit post down, a few more to go and we'll get to the exciting stuff!





No comments:
Post a Comment