Sunday, August 26, 2018

High School Jen In Heaven

This weekend Dave and I were given tickets to an Amy Grant concert!  It was a wonderful gift that made for such a fun and nostalgic date night.  This school year Dave and I committed to being more intentional about monthly date nights, since the hassle of finding a babysitter is no longer something we have to deal with!  We had a nice dinner then enjoyed this fantastic concert in this beautiful outdoor amphitheater.



It's probably been over 20 years since I've heard some of these Amy Grant songs that I would listen to over and over on my AG CDs while doing homework in high school.  Amazingly, every single lyric somehow still resides in my head and I could sing right along!  I guessed what her set list would be, and, except for one song ("Thy Word"), I nailed it!  It was a true walk down memory lane.


Here are a few short videos of a few favorites: "Oh How the Years Go By", "Baby Baby" and "El Shaddai"




The last time I heard Amy Grant was at DC '94 when she surprised all of us in attendance with a concert WITH Michael W. Smith!  I remember lots of screaming and tears as I clung to my friends during songs like "Friends Are Friends Forever".  I love that this fun date prompted me to dig that memory out of my brain and revisit the music from that era with my high school boyfriend! :)

No comments: