If you are someone who enjoys reading this blog and staying up to date on the happenings of our family, there is one person you can thank for that-- my friend Amy. Way back when I met and quickly connected with her at a shared play date in 2007, she told me about her blog. Blogging was completely foreign to me at the time, but it was with her advice and encouragement that I launched our own. I'm thankful on a regular basis for this organized, thorough, chronicling of our family memories-- complete with a handy search bar for us to easily access whatever random picture or story we want from the past 13 years!
I'm feeling nostalgic about Amy because our family just said, "Goodbye" to theirs this week. They soon leave to move to another state. We know we will see them again, and are thankful for the way God opened doors and revealed calling, but it's still hard to bid farewell to someone who has been an important part of your life for so long.
In a season of staying at home to raise our little ones, Amy was such a gift! Before our kids were in school, I think we must have gotten together weekly to do little things like go to the park, host play dates in our living rooms, share swim lessons, or walk around the air conditioned mall. Our families also did big things together like make trips to the coast to go to the aquarium or the Artichoke Festival.
We've ridden the Mount Hermon train to the Boardwalk together countless times. We've celebrated New Years Eve, and Thanksgiving, and birthdays together. If you tallied up all the cookies we've decorated, books we've read to each others' kids, and LEGO creations we've made, it would be quite a huge number!
My most special memories with Amy, though, are probably the new baby hospital visits! How I love that she was one of the first to hold Delia, and I was honored to see her and her miracle babies, Grace and Benjamin, shortly after they were born. I took a little longer to meet Ivy, but was just as quickly charmed.
I cherish these memories and delight in the fact that typing "Amy" or "Jonathan" into the search bars of either of my blogs yields literally dozens of posts. I look forward to future posts describing the new adventures and memories we'll make with this dear family in their new home!
1 comment:
Thank you Amy, for suggesting that Jen start a blog. Jen's blog has been a treasure over the years, as we get to see what is going on in their lives, even though we can't be there in person. May God bless you and your family Amy, in this next step in your lives.
Post a Comment