Saturday, December 26, 2020

Thanksgiving 2020

Well, it's after Christmas, probably a good time to write the Thanksgiving post. :)

Our Thanksgiving was lovely, and lowkey, and full of all the best things this year: church, good food, family, fun, and cherishing the gift that is our home.  

Dave's smoked turkey was amazing once again.  This is Ivy's favorite day!

We played lots of games.

And snuggled up to read and watch movies.

We took a Thanksgiving Day drive and let Ella get behind the wheel for the first time since she officially turned 15 and half over Thanksgiving weekend!  She was a natural.  She's working on her online driver's ed currently and will meet with a driving instructor once she passes a test and gets her permit.  Then she'll be getting as much practice in as possible before she goes for her license this summer! I have all the feelings: relief that her driving will save me so many trips and terror about my baby behind the wheel and on the road. 

We decorated our home for Christmas, including hanging the outside lights and, for the first time ever!, buying a FAKE tree! 

We Zoomed with both of our families and loved seeing everyone's faces!

And, following tradition, we shared what we are thankful for.  Dave for his fellow church staff making this crazy year of ministry run as smoothly as possible, Ella for her friends, Delia for her family.  Since I am the author of this blog, I can go into a bit more detail. ;)  I'm thankful this year for the little things that became big things: that our church could keep worshiping, that our family could get away and experience breathtaking creation at both the coast and the mountains, that I could teach these adorable students in person every single day, and even that the leaves on the trees seemed especially lovely this fall.  This year gave me fresh eyes to see the many blessings that we so often take for granted.



I'll tell you about our Christmas soon...maybe around Valentines Day? Haha!

No comments: