Our Arizona day ended with another thing I was really looking forward to-- a hike to the Horseshoe Bend! We decided to see it in the most epic way possible, at sunset. It was just as gorgeous as we were all hoping. So, an image of this famous sight is actually the cover of Ella's Earth Science text book. When I was proposing the trip to the family, seeing the cover of her text in person was actually a big selling point! Haha! We had to laugh when we saw this picture EVERYWHERE. I learned that it's not a hard one to take. The scenery does all the work for you (and a little filter ;). Now I have my own!
You wouldn't know it from my camera angles, but this place was PACKED with people! They were all friendly, though, and mostly from other countries! (Actually, that was our experience on most of this trip. We were in the minority being "local" and grew to love meeting new international people in hotel elevators, in line for shuttle busses, and while trading family pictures!) A couple from Austria took this family picture and I took a bunch for a family from Japan who didn't speak English, but communicated what poses they wanted with gestures! So fun!
This may be one of my favorite pictures of the trip. See Delia's little silhouette in the top right corner?!




No comments:
Post a Comment