Sunday, December 20, 2009

And My House Has Never Been Cleaner!

I have always enjoyed entertaining, but something happened when the Christmas decorations went up this year. I suddenly felt this urge to start working on that "People We've Been Meaning to Have Over for Dinner" list. In the past 2 weeks, we've had meal guests 4 times. I love it. Some company has been good friends we know well, some has been new friends we've been wanting to learn more about. I've cranked out chicken cacciatore, lasagna, pumpkin cheesecake, peach pie, even baked my own rolls from scratch once! When people come to our house, they can expect a decent meal, and also some games and lots of laughs. One of our guest couples stayed until 12:30 am! This weekend we had tons of fun having our good friends Mike, Julie, Travis, Jadon and Mikaela over on Friday and Sara and Arend over on Saturday. What a blessing to have such a long list of people in our lives to invite over for fellowship! Two of my girls' sweet church grandmas are next on that list. Maybe after the new year.
.

1 comment:

Wicker Family said...

Good for you!!! We have a huge list of people to have over and if I think too long about it, I get intimidated. We finally had some people over this weekend but I'm not going to compete with you for any records:-)