Friday, September 10, 2010

Dress Rehearsal

This Sunday our Children In Worship program resumes for the fall.  This is a ministry that escorts the little ones out of our worship service half-way through and takes them to their own time of worship and learning in an age-appropriate environment.  This means Delia's nursery days are done and, for the first time, she'll join us in church on Sunday morning.  As we did when Ella was this age, today we visited Daddy and took her to the empty sanctuary to practice.  I have no doubt that Delia could be the child climbing and jumping off of pews, running up to Dave in the pulpit or shouting out greetings to friends during prayers, so a dry run was a good idea.  We went through all the right and wrong ways to act in church.  Not that we're super strict, but Dave and I have always said that "being engaged" (standing and singing when we're singing, praying when we're praying, acting respectful like others) is our main rule.  I'm excited to finally have our whole little family together to worship.  We see constantly that Delia loves God and loves to sing and fellowship.  Now we just pray that what she experiences on Sunday becomes a  whole lifestyle for her that makes attending church a priority.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This was a good idea, to practice church. I'm sure that she will do fine, and will enjoy worshiping with the family. Your baby is growing up! Love,

MOM