Sunday, September 12, 2010

"When I Grow Up..."

"I'm gonna be a veterinarian."
"I'm gonna be an artist."
"I'm gonna be a writer."
"I'm gonna be a nurse."
"I'm gonna be a swim lesson lifeguard."
"I'm gonna be a volleyball player."
"I'm gonna be a mom."

Ella changes her mind about what she's going to be when she grows up every few weeks.  It's fun to see how real life inspiration keeps calling her to a new profession.  The vet was after a peek in the zoo hospital.  The nurse was after a visit with Auntie Heather.  The lifeguard was after this summer's swim lessons.  The volleyball player was after attending a recent high school game.  I'm honored that the one she always seems to go back to is mom. 

But as of late a new life goal has been set by Ella: "When I grow up, I'm gonna be a kindergarten teacher!"  With lovely Mrs. H. as her teacher, it was only a matter of time before Ella decided to emulate her.  She's been playing a lot more school than usual and even created this self portrait (that's serious-black-dress-wearing teacher Ella standing in front of the white board with some sort of pointer in her hand).

As for Delia, she's been pretty consistent.  When she grows up, she insists she's "gonna be a butterfly!" Something free-spirited and impossible, total Delia!

1 comment:

Jonathan said...

Aww, I love this. Especially Delia's plans. :)