Some serious tears were shed today as we bid farewell to our beloved visiting family. I'm starting to think that the trick to an easier goodbye is to have less fun on the visit. After a long weekend filled with countless conversations, a giant dance party, fabulous shopping, Christmas card designing, lots of competitive Wii and games, fun outings and exhausting play, it's no wonder we're all ready to hop on a plane and fly back to Chicago to live with Karen and Aidan! Thank you guys for spoiling us with your company and bringing so much more joy into our everyday with your presence! Besides the rambling list of our activities, I think the following pictures pretty well sum up the amazing weekend we just had:








2 comments:
Jen, I have been thinking about how I've been missing your blog posts lately and how you must be very busy, because I haven't read much from you since Halloween...so I randomly stopped by and found LOTS of fantastic reading and pictures! Could it be that your blog has not been popping up on my Google Reader? I've been missing out! I loved the special post on each girl and I'm so happy you had a great family visit this weekend! Thank you for updating, and I'm going to make sure my Reader is working right...silly technology!
Amy
Here I sit at 1am reading the blog with tears in MY eyes (wonder where my namesake gets it?!) What a wonderful and very special time we had! Both and Aidan and I are in complete CA VM withdrawl... I'll email about the best way to get us through. If the webcams don't work - maybe we can try Skype?
Thanks again for the blessings you shared with us! We love you so much and miss you! xoxo karen
Post a Comment